Highfield Level 3 Qualification (RQF)
Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers
The manager’s role is to lead, mentor and support an employee to proactively engage in their employment, contributing to the growth of an organisation and working in a way that supports the individual’s own growth as well as the organisation’s objectives and values. The management role involves supporting employees who may present with mental ill health in the workplace and this qualification provides an understanding of the basic principles relating to supporting mental health in the workplace and promoting a positive, ‘wellness at work’ culture.
What you will learn on this course
Unit 1: Introduction to mental health, mental ill health and wellbeing
Unit 2: Mental health in the workplace for managers
1. Understand mental health and wellbeing
2. Understand how mental ill health affects the experience of individuals
3. Understand the mental health continuum
4. Understand ways to self-manage own wellbeing
5. Build manager & team resilience.
6. Understand the role that company culture plays in building healthy high performing teams and organizations.
7. Understand the role that psychological safety plays in creating high performing and mentally fit managers and teams.
1. Understand the moral, financial and legal rationale for supporting wellbeing in the workplace
2. Understand the relationship between mental wellbeing and the workplace
3. Understand ways to engage in a mental health conversation with employees
4. Understand ways to support employees in relation to their mental health and wellbeing
5. Understand the absence management and return to work process in relation to mental health and wellbeing
6. Understand ways to manage manager’s own wellbeing in the workplace
Meet The Trainers
Paddy is an accredited Neuro Organizational Culture coach who specializes in neuro leadership, team development and company culture development.
Paddy’s approach brings neuroscience into the workplace, he connects leaders and teams by helping them understand how to use their brain more efficiently and effectively which in turn leads to increased team well-being, engagement, productivity, and connectedness throughout organisations.
Paddy has over 20 years’ experience working in management and people development roles, he is passionate about creating healthy high performing teams and organisations.
Founder of Focused Training Ireland, Delivering accredited mental health training to companies in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
David has worked with many clients and companies over the years expanding their understanding and skill with mental health in the workplace.
David is a qualified Psychotherapist with Honors degree in Psychotherapeutic studies and Counselling skills. As a Psychotherapist, David has worked with clients for over 10 years and now brings the skills and technique to support mental health in the workplace.
The Details of Course
Duration: A minimum of 12 hours spread over at least two days. Ideally, the course should be run over two consecutive days, but must be completed within 6 weeks of starting the course, with each training session a minimum of two hours
Qualification: This training is accredited by Highfield and regulated by OFQUAL and CCEA Regulation.
Numbers: A maximum of 16 students are allowed on the course and must be a minimum of 16 years of age.